Saturday, December 3, 2022

COVID

 Wow.

After 4 years of being on the front lines during the COVID-19 pandemic, I finally came down with it yesterday, and it was confirmed with a home test today.

I was watching far too much tv yesterday ("The Expanse", "New Girl", etc...) and I was becoming more and more achy all evening. I finally went to bed at the ungodly early hour of 8:30 pm! I had chills - I never wear a shirt to bed, and I even added another blanket. I tossed and turned all night, waking every couple of hours from many bizarre and/or cool fever dreams (I had an actual fever midway through the night, and removed the aforementioned shirt and blanket). Thankfully Chumble kept me company, the sweet kitty!

I woke at 8:00 am and texted Ma and Jean Marie to see if they had COVID home test kits, and JM brought a few over at 9:30. I also texted work to let them know my status. I had a bowl of cereal and then went back to bed, and wound up sleeping until 3:00 pm. Then I took the test, and 20 minutes later, it showed a 'positive' result. So I let work know the definite situation, and now I have the next several days off to deal with what are mostly flu-like symptoms, thankfully: itchy eyes, headache ('sore' teeth), phlegm, some coughing, and mild body aches. No trouble with breathing, which I had when I got my first vaccination shot.

Hopefully it passes quickly, so I don't waste my regularly-scheduled days off (Monday & Tuesday) laid up!

No comments:

Post a Comment