Monday, May 29, 2023

Brewery - Whetstone Beer Co.

The last time I went to the Whetstone Beer Company was back in 2016 on a rainy day trip. Today was a beautiful dry and sunny spring day.

It was a fantastic and scenic drive on Route 2 West, and then Siri sent me off the rails, and a 12-mile detour that extended what should have been a 55 mile (or so) drive. I had the shoegazing awesomeness of Prepare My Glider on my cd player though, so it was no problem at all!


Right when I walked in the lovely Mikaela greeted me, and swiped clean the bar. After a quick chat about my last visit, she poured me a Whetstoner Session IPA. It was light and refreshing, and had a very summery feel to it. After enjoying the beer and the view out the window (and of her beautiful face during our other interactions) for about 30 minutes, I bought a pint glass and then took a walk across the bridge, which also crosses the VT/NH border over the Connecticut River. Such a nice day!


Back to my car, and then across the bridge again for the scenic (and shorter) route home. On a whim I called Sarah, and stopped at her house to have dinner with her and Jon, Celia and Helena (home from UMass for the day). Hot dogs and burgers, and a fun couple of hours.







No comments:

Post a Comment