Friday, August 23, 2024

Lake and Steak

I went to Sarah & Jon's for dinner tonight, but first I stopped at the lake for a walk and a sit-around because it was so nice out (sunny and dry).






Jon made the fancy filets he usually does, as well as jasmine rice, sauteed mushrooms, and other stuff I didn't eat (potatoes, etc...). Sarah made a salad and sliced up a loaf of Italian bread. It was all quite good as usual, though the first steak I chose was far to rare for my taste!


Later, Jon & I sat outside around the fire pit/stove. He tried making homemade fried dough over the fire (it's a pizza cooker too), whcih came out decent, and I had a Hazy Rays IPA from Lawson's Finest out of Waitsfield, VT. it was light and hazy, and not too strong. Also he recommended a stargazing app called Planets. It delineates all of the constellations in relation to one's position on the earth. Very cool! A fun night all around, and I actually left before 11:00 pm for a change because everyone had a long day.




No comments:

Post a Comment