Thursday, August 1, 2024

No Sleep and Soju

Yesterday I went to bed at 10:30 pm, and slept until around 2:00 am. I couldn't fall back asleep, so the rest of the night and day have been abnormal...

After washing the dishes in the sink I went online to play Konkr.io for awhile, and listen to my Bandcamp music in headphones for several hours, until around 6:00 am. Then I tried to sleep some more before sunset, but my body wasn't having it. I got up, fed Chumble, and watched some more of "Be Melodramatic", a K-Drama I began yesterday. It's like a funny "thirtysomething", three South Korean women in their thirties, who all work in various aspects of the television/film industry. I slept some more from 10:00 am - 1:00 pm, and picked up the show where I left off, doing a load of laundry, and having some pasta with butter, salt and pepper at 4:00 pm. Then I dozed from 6:00 - 9:00 pm. I put away the laundry, and then made more coffee accompanied by a toasted bagel with strawberry jam. It's 11:0 pm now, and unless I comment later, the rest of the evening will be a shower and the final two episodes of "Be Melodratic". The great news is there will be a Season 2 next year! Most K-Dramas don't do this, and it's doubly exciting because the first season came out in 2019...

The soju part: I am cooking for Sarah & Jon tomorrow night, fancy ramen and o ther stuff, and I bought a few bottles of soju for us to all try together, some Soon Hari Yogurt flavor (new to me as well), and another brand called Banzai Bunny. I got the "Super Fresh" flavor, thinking it would be a nice experience after the disaster with the Soon Hari Citrus & Apple flavors (a post for a future/previous day - haha). But it was pure 16% alcohol. Yucko! I will say it had a mildly pleasing aftertaste, but it wasn't a flavor I would ever choose again. Hopefully the Soon Hari Yogurt will be a revelation tomorrow!




No comments:

Post a Comment