Monday, December 18, 2023

Ceiling Mayhem II

So. It rained for the last 24 hours, and today on this unseasonably warm day we had high winds too.

Around 2:00 pm I heard a drip from the kitchen ceiling - WTF? I went to investigate and found a new leak, to the sink side of the recently replaced panel. I actually caught the first drop to hit the floor, though there was a definite patch of discoloration above me. After letting it drip for 20 minutes or so I determined that there was going to be sagging, so I punctured the spot so it could drip freely, rather than collect and gain weight through puddle-ation (not a word, I am certain).

Long story short: it dripped for several hours (and I made a second hole), but once the rain (and wind) stopped and the temperature dropped, it ceased. It's going to get down into the 30's overnight, and the original repair dude will be over in the morning to patch it up, so it should no longer be an issue after that...




No comments:

Post a Comment